Demetria L. Graves
Compassionate Divorce Lawyer
As a dedicated Pasadena divorce attorney, Demetria L. Graves handles all
aspects of family law, including divorce, child custody, child support,
modifications, paternity, visitation rights, and other related legal issues
Ms. Graves proudly represents clients throughout Los Angeles County.
Education & Background
As a California native, Demetria L. Graves was born and raised in Pasadena.
After receiving an undergraduate degree in Social Welfare from the University
of California, Berkeley, Ms. Graves went on to receive her Juris Doctor
Degree from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles.
After practicing family law with a small law firm in Arcadia, she decided
to start her own family law firm in Pasadena and Beverly Hills, The Graves
Law Firm, and the rest is history.
Ms. Graves is a Professor at West Los Angeles Community College and a recipient
of the "Teacher of the Year" award. She is also the former legal
chair of the YWCA of Glendale.
Ms. Graves is also involved in many organizations, including the Los Angeles
County Bar Association, Beverly Hills Bar Association, Langston Bar Association,
Pasadena Bar Association, Past President of the Black Women's Lawyers
Los Angeles, Inc., and the Loyola Law School African American Alumni Association.
Helping You & Your Family Start Fresh
Ms. Graves is a family law advocate that is committed to getting her client's
lives back on track in a way that is both efficient and affordable. She
understands that situations such as divorce are outside the realm of your
control. You need someone who will compassionately guide you through the
legal process. That is exactly what Ms. Graves is devoted to doing.
Personally working with each client, she makes sure that no one is laid
to the wayside as just another case number. She keeps you updated on new
developments and helps you understand every aspect of the process before
making any decisions. Ms. Graves is most interested in protecting your
rights, as well as the rights of your children. She is highly invested
in each case the firm takes on, always answering calls and emails within
24 hours. She is also supported by a reliable legal assistant, Elizabeth
Deniz, who works closely with Attorney Graves and her clients to provide
the best possible legal services.
- Published, "When Women Run the Firm", a #1 New Release on Amazon (2021)
- Profiled in the Daily Journal article, "Mindful of Impact: Demetria
Graves knows divorces affect whole families, approaches cases as a peacemaker" (2021)
- Daily Journal's 'Top Women Lawyers' (2021)
- Los Angeles Business Journal Women's Leadership Awards Nominee (2021)
- Los Angeles Business Journal's 'Minority Leaders of Influence:
- Southern California Super Lawyers: (2016-2021)
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2009-2014)
- Pasadena Magazine's 'Pasadena's Top Lawyers'
- Teacher of Year, West Los Angeles College (2009)
- Women in Business Award and Attorney of the Year (2007)
- National Bar Association Top 40 Under 40 (2018)
Areas of Practice:
- Family Law
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Property Division in Divorce
- Spousal Support (Alimony)
- Dissolution of Domestic Partnership Agreements
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- University of California, Berkeley (JD)
- Certified Family Law Specialist (CFLS)
- Professor of Family Law, West Law College, Los Angeles
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- California Lawyers Association, Family Law Executive Committee
- Loyola Law School African American Alumni Association - Co-Chair
- Black Women's Lawyers Los Angeles, Inc. -- Past President
- Langston Bar Association - Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association--Member
- Beverly Hills Bar Association--Member
- Pasadena Bar Association--Member
Connect With Attorney Demetria Graves: